You take online privacy seriously, and so does Lexington Home Loans. It's our way of sustaining your trust in our company, our products, and our services. Our privacy statement describes how we collect, protect, and use customer information.
There are a few simple things that you can do to safeguard your information on the Internet: keep your account number, username, and password safe; be sure to use a secure browser and keep your virus detection software current; never open e-mail from an unknown source; and always log out of the loan status area when you're finished.
When you call, our security procedures require that we ask you for information only you would know so we're sure it's you. However, no Lexington Home Loans employee will ever ask you for your account password.
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers' trust. Keeping customer information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Lexington Home Loans. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers:
1. We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
2. We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require delivering superior service to our customers. This includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities and to administer our business.
3. We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our. Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
4. We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, been authorized by the customer, or are required by law.
5. We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
6. We will tell customers in plain language initially, and at least once annually, how they may remove their names from such lists.
7. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our policy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
8. For purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
9. We will not use or share internally or externally, personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim or account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents. We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up to date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we're prohibited by law), and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR CONCERN
What Personal Information Does Lexington Home Loans Collect?
There are several opportunities on our Web sites for you to provide us with personal information, such as your:
- Mailing address, and
- E-mail address.
When you fill out a loan application on our site, we may ask for a variety of information to help us evaluate your eligibility and the loan product that may be right for you. We may also obtain other information about you for example, your credit report. This information is used solely to determine your eligibility for a loan.
Also if you choose to share any personal information with us, we ma store it and use it for marketing research and other marketing purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of public and nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information obtained from you on applications and other forms, and from other sources used to process you request for one or more of our products or service (e.g., your name, address, employment history, income, credit balances, property insurance coverage and other representations made by you).
- Information arising from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (e.g., your payment history, account balance and other transactional information).
- Information obtained from consumer credit reporting agencies (e.g., your credit history and creditworthiness).
We collect your personal information when you register through Lexington Home Loans's registration Web pages and each time you update your personal information on our Loan Status Web page.
Some of our Web sites may make use of "cookie" technology to measure site activity and to customize information to your personal tastes. A cookie is an element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. So when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit.
When you visit one of the Lexington Home Loans Web sites, we may collect and store information about you visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis. We use this information only to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our sites. This information may include:
- Time and length of your visit
- Web pages you looked at on our sites
- Web site you visited just before coming to ours
- Name of you Internet service provider
Except as discussed herein, we will only share nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law or with you consent. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing arrangements. We share with those companies only the customer information they need to do their job. These companies are subject to a thorough selection process, and they are contractually required to comply with strict standards of confidentiality.
We also partner with companies to offer services to you that we don't provide. These services are optional and not required by us. We are very careful in selecting these partners, and we require that they follow our privacy requirements. These companies are also contractually required to comply with strict standards of confidentiality, and they are not permitted to use customer information for any other purpose than providing their specific product or service.
What Choice Do I Have About Sharing My Personal Information?
Our Formal Customers. We treat information about our former customers in the same manner as we treat information about our current customers.
If you are a current Lexington Home Loans customer and you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, check the opt out box when you first access the Loan Status to opt out of receiving e-mails from us.
Can I Access My Personal Information to Make Changes?
There are also several opportunities on our Web sites for you to provide us with information about you and your interest, such as you name, mailing address, and e-mail address. If you choose to share any personal information with us, we may store it and use it for marketing research and other marketing purposes. If you are a current Lexington Home Loans customer and you do not wish to receive e-mails regarding discounts and special offers from us, check the opt-out box when you first access the Loan Status to opt out of receiving e-mails from us.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We're constantly improving our security standards and practices to protect you confidential information. Access to your information is restricted to those employees who need it a s part of their job. We provide regular training for those employees on privacy and security issues.
What About Children's Information?
We comply with the practices established under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not knowingly collect or retain any information from consumers under the age of eighteen.
How Do I Contact Lexington Home Loans If I Have a Concern About My Personal Information?
Lexington Home Loans
8001 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Will Lexington Home Loans Make Changes to This Privacy Statement?
Lexington Home Loans reserves the right to alter its privacy principals as business needs require. Any alterations to these principals will be posted on our Web sites in a timely manner. As long as you remain a customer, we will provide you with an annual notice of this policy. We will provide notice of an revised policy to current customers and those consumers whose nonpublic personal information we share as described above. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.